Saturday, March 28, 2020
Are you struggling to get your children to pay attention to you? Are
you in a relationship with someone who never seems to listen? If so,
this story is for you.
Atumpan Edutainment’s teaching artists and co-founders, Corey the Talented Blind Guy and LaQuita Marie, talk about the difference between hearing and listening, provide tips to help you to create better listeners in your relationships, and tell you the Nigerian folktale of why turtles have
bald heads thanks to Ijapa the Turtle who never paid attention to others around him.
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 from 6:00pm-7:00pm here is the dance theatre class schedule at the Fred Heutte Center. There will be 3 stations set up: a music station, a cornhole station, and a garden tour station. These stations will help us to build the part of the Successful Day of Fishing Script where the lazy character Sassouma tries to get out of doing any work when she goes fishing with Sogolon.
Music Station: Sassouma claims she can't help make fishing baskets because she her hands are cramped.
- Challenge: What do cramped hands feel like?
- Play the dununs for 1 minute without stopping then the djembe for 1 minute without stopping.
- Record on the activity card what your hands feel like.
- Challenge: How do you feel when you have a bad back?
- Play cornhole first on one foot, next on your knees, then squatting down
- Record on the activity card how a person with a bad back feels
- Challenge: Is suffering different in different cases?
a frikywa bell while hopping through the hilly area of the garden,
power walking around the walkway, and jogging around 3 trees (or
- Record on the activity card if there was any suffering with any of the activities