Tuesday, November 26, 2013

No Frederick Douglass at Thanksgiving

 

     Let's all be sure to put our best hair forward for this Thursday!  I can NOT go out as a Frederick Douglass imposter, and even with my hair done I can't compete with his amazing  accomplishments anyways.  We should all live out  my dream of staying inside our homes sipping coffee and napping between cups of caffeine goodness.  
     Fat chance of that coffee-napping dream I know, but it's so much more fun to make Thanksgiving collages alone than to eat turkey-stuffed dinner rolls and watch football with ones we claim to love.
       I suppose I should be Thankful for top 5 important stuff:
 
1.  LIFE - dead folks are such stiffs
2.  HEALTH - a coffee a day helps
3.  FAMILY - my 3 girls...& Corey
4.  COFFEE - secretly # 1 for real
5.  YOU - you friends, fans, family...
 

 
       Amongst all of the Turkey and family is a constant march towards the goal of a show production.  In order to explain Kwanzaa in a theatrical way, we are in rehearsals for Harambe for the Holidays.  What better way to spend the first week of December than with creative folks.  With free admission, we should follow our trend of filling the theatre 80% and maybe even to capacity this year. 
       Vendors will add to the festive nature of the day with food, face paint, handmade wares, and great stuff by yours truly.  Cooperative economics is one of the principles of Kwanzaa and we will appropriately showcase local artisans.
 
Be sure to let me know, either here or on Facebook, whether you think my hair is as awesome as the famous fro of Frederick Douglass.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment